Wednesday 5 June 2013

Cheers!

By god I had a good weekend, did you?
I went to my local pub on a sunny sunday afternoon which isn't unusual for me as we tend to dabble in a bit of chess on a Sunday avo but this time I was there to paint! No check mating for me!
The Coach is a top pub (voted no.1 in wales) and has now opened up one of their walls to the local artists of Bridgend to decorate and paint any way they fancy and this time it was my turn!
I struggled at first, trying to think of something to do as I haven't done a painted piece like this before. After getting caught up in a lot of hand painted fiddly typography I got back to what I enjoy drawing best, which is mainly animals and outlined pieces. So I went with a big old bear and a 'taffy valley', taffy is one of my favourite drinks, it's a cider so I did an apple tree valley as a homage to my dear old Taff.
Overall I had a whale of a time, friends came and went, drinks were had and even a bit of chess! The Coach is a bit like an episode of Cheers, everyone knows each other and it's an utter dream! My brother always jokes I'm Norm (cheers ow)!
I also got over one of my major fears and that is the big double P...Public Painting! Public painting literally gives me the willies so it was great to get over that and get on with the piece at hand. It was great to hear people's feedback and I'd love to do some more of it at some point. I'm now available for birthdays and barmitzvahs!
Take a peek below for a midway and finished photo.
I think it's about time for a pint.
Ab X



No comments:

Post a Comment