Tuesday 30 July 2013

Paint by numbers

It's been an age since I've picked up some gouache and got going in a sketchbook but I thought enoughs enough and put an order in for some paints, brushes and a brand new sketchbook!
A big box came through the post the other day and I couldn't wait to get going. It's so nice to step back from the MacBook and do something directly with my hands again. I'm working on some little ladies at the momento depicting them on their travels and I even did a self portrait (below) which I probably haven't done since I was 14!
I'm really enjoying the process, working out colour palettes and the effect it's having on my work so we'll see where it goes. I've got an idea for a children's picture book that I'm getting ready to start working on so maybe this new process may play a part but I'll post about that in the not too distant future.
Hope the suns shining with you! Ab X

No comments:

Post a Comment